Common DIY regimens:
- Anti Androgens:
- 50mg Daily (1x 50mg pill once a day)
- 50mg Daily (1x 150mg pill every three days)
- 75mg Daily (1x 150mg pill every two days)
- 37.5mg Daily (¼ 150mg pill once a day)
Fairly popular due to minimal side effects.
With under 50mg of Bicalutamide daily, a higher dose of estrogen is typically used.
- Cyproterone Acetate:
- 12.5mg Daily (¼ 50mg pill once a day)
- 12.5mg Daily (½ 50mg pill every two days)
Popular due to very low cost and easy verification on efficacy from blood testing showing suppressed testosterone.
Progestin effect can be considered a negative for early hrt, can cause fatigue.
- 50mg twice daily (½ 100mg pill twice daily)
- 100mg twice daily (1x 100mg pill twice daily)
Unpopular among DIYers due to common severity of side effects and low efficacy.
- Buserelin Nasal Spray (GnRH Agonist):
- 300μg trice daily (2x 150μg sprays trice daily)
- 450μg trice daily (3x 150μg sprays trice daily)
Zero to minimal side effects.
More expensive than Cyproterone Acetate, but safer long-term from avoiding undesirable side effects (Fatigue, low tumor risks).
- Dose Comparison Table
- 2-8mg Oral Estradiol once daily or spread over the day.
- 1-2mg Sublingual Estradiol twice or thrice daily spread over the day.
- 50-200mcg/h Climara 7 day patch (7.8mg).
- 50-200mcg/h Estradot 3.5 day patch twice weekly.
- 1.5-6mg Estrogel or transdermal spray once daily.
- For optimal breast growth it's recommended to start with low oral estrogen and slowly increase it over the span of 6-12 months. Longer is preferable.
- 7mg Estradiol Valerate injection every 5 days. High enough estrogen level sufficiently suppresses your LH + FSH and shuts down testosterone production in the testicles. Trough estradiol levels should be 350pg/ml+ for this. Try to stay below 600pg/ml if you can as high levels will increase SHBG over time resulting in less free estrogen.
- Rectal progesterone after tanner 3 breasts is becoming more common. It helps round out the breasts and can give a stronger libido for some. 100-200mg gel capsules once daily.
- Should progesterone capsules be too expensive there is also hydroxyprogesterone caproate which is a long lasting synthetic progestin.
- Medroxyprogesterone Acetate (MPA) is generally not recommended for anyone.
- Very low dose (1-3mg) Cyproterone Acetate is also viable for progestin effects.
- Blood tests (US): https://www.privatemdlabs.com/
- Blood tests (UK, Ireland): https://www.medichecks.com/
- Blood tests (Canada): https://bloodtestscanada.com/
- Blood tests (Sweden): https://werlabs.se/
- Blood tests (NL): https://www.bloedwaardentest.nl/
- Blood tests by mail (Worldwide): https://www.letsgetchecked.com/ - Finger prick.
Note that this is not medical advice, see medical disclaimer.
Last updated: 2020.12.14